Now Meowing: Miao Cat Cafe


     I've always considered myself as an animal lover. I've been in love with nature and animal since forever! I heard of Barkin Blends Cafe in Katipunan which caters to obviously dog lovers and dog enthusiasts and I have been bugging so many people to go with me to this place and still was not able to go. (lolol) 

    Being an animal lover I also love cats!  Let me tell you a short story of why I love them.I have been in love with cats especially puspins (pusang pinoy or Filipino cats or stray cats).  I got my Muning ( a tabby puspin ) when I was in prep. I found her in my grandfather's garage and took her home with me. She stayed with me for a year, we made a house for her, made sure she eats well and all, she's allowed inside and outside of our house and when she's out she usually comes back every night to sleep inside the house so we had no worries of her safety. One day when she got out I could not find her. I just saw her body lifeless in the canal after weeks of searching, :( I have not adopted a cat ever since that incident.

 I have been planning to visit Miao Cat Cafe in Congressional since it first opened last Valentine's Day but due to my hectic schedule I wasn't able to but was able to find a definite date for it. I made a reservation before hand on facebook and got a reply instantly. 

Prior entering the main cafe. You will be greeted with House Rules. These House rules according to the owners ( Loida Ramos-Benson and Sam Ramos) are for the safety of the cats. Hand sanitation is a priority in the cafe. Slippers were also provided for the guests. 





You will be given a choice on where to sit. Obviously my choice was near the sleeping kitties! Aries (puspin) and I believe that's Fabiana ( British Short Hair kitty) wahaha! :D 


The cats were free to roam anywhere they please and guests were given cat toys for them to be able to play and interact with the cats.


A hanging bridge for the cats to play or walk in


Lunch time for the kitties. Guests are not allowed to feed them only the owners are allowed. 


Pictures of the resident cats hanging on the recycled tree and also pictures of families and guests as well


the tree doubles as climbing purposes for the kitties 



Guests were given 2 hours stay to play with the kitties from the following hours 11-1pm, 2-4pm, 5-7pm and 8-10pm, the in between break hours are for the rest time of the kitties and for the clean up time of the cafe (for the cat hairs) 


300 pesos serves as the cafe's entrance along with your choice of drink ( coffee, tea, smoothies, ice tea and lemonade were unlimited) and choices from Rice Meals (Lengua according to Sam is their best seller), Pasta ( pesto and tomato based) or Sweets (muffins and cupcakes) 


Cat Gloves! :D For cosplay purposes as well! Haha! I wanted to wear these but was shy to ask the owners haha!


Kitty covered throw pillows at the balcony


Recycled tree at the balcony


Elfiya! She's sooooo pretty! :D She's sooo playful.She's a Scottish Fold kitty and according to Loisa the owner, she also have a twin, who I was sleeping at that time ( I got to see her twin when we were about to leave )


Kitty beds at the balcony

Joy (Blue Persian kitten) and I! Super score on this pic! :D 
Some of the cats though according to the owners were at the vet at that time but there were at least 10-12 cats when I got there.


Before leaving I was lucky enough to have a picture taken with one of the owners Loida Benson :D 
 Unfortunately though Sam Ramos (co-owner) was busy preparing the food for the other guests so I was not able to take a picture with her. 

But here she is though! :) Sam was gamely exchanging conversations with one of the guests/customers and I happened to snap a picture of her. 

Personally, what I liked about the cafe is how the owners Sam and Loida got to interact with their customers and guests and also gamely answers cat questions about their cats and also other cat queries. The owners too also asks guests and customers for suggestions and feed backs for the improvement of their cafe. They personally made sure that each guest and customer were comfortable and were able to play and interact with their kitties. 

Being a cat lover, I'll definitely be back here soon!


Miao Cat Cafe:


Address: 7 Congressional Ave, near Mindanao Ave, Q.C.






















Comments