Remember the Fallen Heroes: National Day of Mourning



 Today, or might as well yesterday (because it's 12am already as I write) my country mourns for the death  44PNP-SAF (Philippine National Police- Special Action Force) who took part in a special mission to hunt down terrorist MARWAN who have been hiding with the MILF ( Muslim Group in Mindanao or called as Moro Islamic Liberation Front). Friday was declared by the president as the National Day of Mourning for our Fallen heroes. Today all organizations are open for donations for the relatives of the fallen men and also for the wounded soldiers and survivors recuperating and in need of medications and operations. Rappler Article (How to Help)

I can't help but cry as I listen to the eulogies and stories of the survivors. These men were brave and fought till the end, some sacrificed themselves for others to survive. In fact I finished rolls and rolls of tissue paper because I feel for the families as they have lost their loved ones, husbands fiance or maybe sons in that mission. I also am mourning with my country as we have lost so many great men.

I wish to be able to know more about everything specially in Mindanao, I wish I knew the answers for peace and how to attain it. I don't really know how to react or write properly right now. I actually am just writing my thoughts spontaneously and I'm sorry for this.

If there is something that we could learn, I guess is that we should be prepared. Learn what it is to learn about their opponents, escape points, what to bring, where to go and what areas are safe, always keep in mind the quote "think before you act" as it will really safe a life.

I wish for peace in Mindanao and in my country. I wish for peace in the whole world.







Rest in peace #Fallen44

Comments