Comedy is Dead. RIP King of Comedy

I didn't believe my sister when she told me, "Ate Patay na si Dolphy" (Big sis, Dolphy is dead) she was browsing her twitter when she said it. I was shocked and told her "No way, if he's dead dapat nasa TV na yan" because there were no news yet flashed on TV and after a few minutes a flash news on tv appeared that it was official, Dolphy is dead. :( He died last night due to Multiple Organ Failure.

Everyone in the Philippines knows who he is. He's the King of Comedy (known for his comedic acts in movies and afternoon shows for the longest time in Philippine movie and TV) He is well known for the longest comedy series in Philippine TV as Kevin Cosme a poor and loving father with more or less 12 or 9 kids in Home along Da Riles which was my favorite when I was a kid. I remembered watching it everyday at 7 or 8pm and then it's time slot changed to every Saturday or Sunday and I never missed out one of it's episode cuz I learn much from it and I see my Dad in Kevin Cosme's character plus even though each episode is a tear jerker, you'll still be laughing by the end of the show. I even bugged my mom to watch Home along Da Riles the Movie in the movies! :) 

He was part of my childhood and also was my parent's childhood. I'm glad and thankful that he became a part of Philippine TV. He bought smiles to all Filipinos through his movies and through his life. I believe it's time that God takes him for a well deserved rest. Thank you Dolphy for bringing smiles to the Filipinos. There will be no one like you. Comedy is not dead but it lives through each laugh and smile of the Filipinos.



 

Comments