December 2011 NLE Results Out and a Glimpse of my work place

Congratulations to my new colleagues for making it! Welcome to the world of nursing/ the world of unemployed (lol) haha! 


Click here for the results: Results out!


And here is my work place :) 



The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit!
Where all my patients are of course Neonates/Babies :) 
As you can see there are a lot of patients here and this is just the High Risk Area where more or less we accommodate 50 patients and the opposite side there in the pic is the High Risk 1 area. 

I monitor my patients more than I monitor myself. Babies here are critical and most of them suffer from Neonatal Pneumonia, Prematurity, Birth Depressions, Birth Defects (Congenital Anomalies) and the like. Most of them are connected to ventilators because they still can't breath properly due to undeveloped lungs. That's why it's really important to monitor and take care of them and that's why I'm always busy all the time lol. 

Septic Area
These babies here are babies undergoing long medications (antibiotics) to cure Sepsis.
Sadly, I am now out of NICU and now rotated to PEDIATRICS WARD.
Pedia Ward also houses it's own PEDIATRIC ICU :) So, I still feel like I'm in my ICU home  but this time a few buildings away. 



Comments